Monday, December 25

Yesterday

I had meant to post this yesterday, but I didn't get to it.

Yesterday we did what we traditionally do on Christmas eve: drive into the city and walk around all day. We wet with our grandparents who are visiting from out of state, so of course we had to give a grand tour of the city. Once we got there, we drove around for about an hour, and eventually stopped at the Golden Gate bridge to get some pictures.

After that, we drove back down to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf to get some food. We raided a crabstand and got tons of fresh seafood. Here you can see everyone enjoying the meal. =D

After walking around for a while, we drove up to Union Square. From wikipedia:
Union Square is the central shopping, hotel and theater district in San Francisco, California. Its name is derived from the one-block park situated between Post, Geary, Powell and Stockton Streets, but its importance as the largest collection of large department stores, swank boutiques, tourist trinket shops and salons in the Western United States continues to make Union Square a major visitor draw and downtown San Francisco a vital, cosmopolitan place. Grand hotels and small inns, and repertory, off-Broadway and single-act theaters contribute to the area's dynamic, 24-hour character.
Here are some good pictures I found on flickr: 1 2 3 4
These are some pictures we took of our family in front of the gigantic tree, and one of my sister getting 'free hugs'. Needless to say, I passed on the hugs.

One of the best things about Union Square, and San Fransisco in general is the urban architecture. There are plenty of things to jump, climb, and flip over, off of, onto, and across. In union square there's a giant stage that's about head height. Once I saw it, and all the hundreds of people congregated around it, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to do some random street tricking. I ended up doing a ton of sideflips off the stage, much to the pleasure and shock of the crowd. We only got one on video, and it was my first one, so I didn't have the height down, and I over rotated a little bit. Check it out


On a crazily random side note, I almost got on Japanese TV! There were some camera men at the square filming, so I had my sister tell them to film me doing some flips. They couldn't speak english very well and didn't film me (noobs)... >_<

All in all it was a great day. We got to check out tons of nice stores, and try out lots of products. I was totally wiped at the end of the day from all the running around did. Hope you guys had a good Christmas Eve also.

p.s. I also got to play a PS3 at fisherman's wharf. NBA2k7. It kinda sucked... Really bad textures.

Oh, and youtube cuts stuff halfway for embedding, which is probably the worst frame to pick for my sideflip video. Lol, it looks like I'm doing some sort of socially inappropriate thing. They really need to let people pick the frames they want to show for embedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

That would totally fitting were you to appear on Japanese TV.

The best I've ever gotten is a role as a random pedestrian in a FOX 4 local broadcast...don't know if it aired, but some reported was narrating a story about some research being done, and I walked by and thumbs-uped the camera.

Also, I need crab. None of my siblings like seafood, the noobs.

Austin said...

Crab doesn't have lots of taste, but it's good. You feel totally HARDCORE when eating it because of how much you have to work to get the meat out. If you want to be even more HARDCORE you can just eat the shell like I do, without bothering to take the meat out first. You have to be lv.37 at least though... so tell Ian not to try it.