Tuesday, January 15

Daily Picture #10 + Camera info

Someone asked a good question the other day in one of the comment threads: "Do you colorize your pictures at all?"
Most of the pictures I put up are exactly how they were taken but with small changes to the exposure. Sometimes I'll want a picture a bit darker or lighter or to have a little more contrast, and I'll make these simple edits before I upload them. I don't ever mess with the colors though. Sometimes I'll change stuff on the camera to get certain effects, like switching white balance for example, but this is rare.
So: most of what you see is just what my not so great camera picks up. In case you'e wondering I have a Sony DSC-S60. It's decent, but not great. Cost around $200 when we got it.

Anyways, here's today's picture. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Red Smog
-Red Smog

This is a good example of how I change lighting a bit. Initially, the low contrast made it impossible to see the detail in the sky, and as you can see, upping it brings out all the colors and swirls or the clouds.
Other things I like about this shot:
You can see the city in the lower left, as well as the bay bridge.
I love the light post in the middle of the shot, and the bench to the right. I need to go out again when we have a sunset like this and get one of my friends to lean against the lightpost, and another to be sitting on top of the bench.

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is nice also. I love how you can see the city and the bridge. The lamp post also adds a nice effect. I love the sky. It's so amazing. I could look at it forever and never get tired. It shows God's great handiwork.