Friday, September 29

300

So, I just got back from 'Six Flags Marine World'. Good times. It's nice to have a few days every once in a while where you aren't worrying about school, or work, or sports. Of course now I've lost lots of time that I could have spent catching up on my two labs that are due next week, or studying for my Calculus II exam, or doing latin reading... But I guess you just have to let things go every once in a while. It'll definitely make next week more interesting.

Just a few links tonight, but these are really good ones.


Classic - Bas Rutten Self Defence Video
This is hilarious. There are so many great moments in this. I remember when I watched it for the first time, I was laughing non-stop. So before you watch it, here's a bit of background: Rutten, also known as 'El Guapo', is a retired MMA fighter, and i now a commentator for various MMA events. Anddd... that's all you really need to know. Just watch the video. *dies*
"And I, Can DEliver - BANG! Headbutoutofnowhere!!"
"Going to bounce his head on the table ten times or something"


And now a much better movie, I promise.


300


The graphic novel was amazing, and it looks like the movie will be even better.

7 comments:

The Meganekko said...

Is this "El Guapo" this (http://elguapodc.blogspot.com) El Guapo?

Anonymous said...

"here hold my knife for a second. Oh look! A glok! >_>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNXRInrSSVU

^_^

Austin said...

Yea, I saw that one Ian, but refrained from posting it because of the obsenities. =/

No, I don't think that it is Marilyn... heheh

How'd you guys like 300? I know you're a sparta buff Marilyn. I was hoping you'd have some smarmy comments

The Meganekko said...

Actually, I haven't read it. I saw the preview for the movie that was posted at CAD, and that looked good, so I'm going to try to get the book if they have it at our library. Then I'll give you the smarmy comments.

Austin said...

you read CAD? That's funny.
It's a good strip, but I don't think you're a gamer or a geek...

The Meganekko said...

"but I don't think you're a gamer or a geek..."

Perhaps I might not be a gamer, however, Mr. Buckley's treatment of the human condition can be related to, on some level, by everyone.

Read the above, while keeping in mind that the greatest disappointment of my summer was the fact that a book sucked (it had so much potential...at least for the proverbial cat it was really time to die *weeps*). And you think I'm not a geek?

Austin said...

Nerd ≠ geek
heheh